Cleaning & Care for LAVA Cast Iron Cookwares
LAVA enameled cast iron pots and pans are individually designed for all styles of cooking appliance and any style of modern and classic kitchen or dining decor. Please read this instructions before using your pot-pan for the first time. It will help you to achieve the most delicious and healthy cooking results.
• Before first use Remove all labels
• Wash the pot in hot soapy water, rinse and dry.Your cookwares are ready for use.
• After use, always cool a cookware for a few minutes before washing in hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Don’t fill a hot cookware with cold water or plunge into cold water as thermal shock damage to the enamel may occur.
• If there are food residues, fill the cookware with warm water and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes, then wash in the usual way.
• Nylon or soft abrasive pads or brushes can be used to remove stubborn residues. Don’t use metallic pads or harsh abrasive cleaning agents as these will damage the enamel and polished trims.
• Black enamel cooking surfaces will, over time, produce a patina (a brownish film). Don’t attempt to clean this off as it enhances the cooking performance.
• All cookwares with integral cast iron or stainless steel lid knobs, can be washed in the dishwasher, but constant dishwashing may lead to some dulling of the enamel finish. This is not harmful and will not impair performance. When using the dishwasher, always allow the cycle to complete before opening the door. This will ensure the cookwares are dried thoroughly. Wooden handle cookwares are not dishwasher safe.
• When you use dishwasher to wash your product, stains caused by various detergents and discoloration may occur. Such damages are not covered by warranty.
• Never store away cookwares when they are still damp. Store cookwares in a dry cupboard or airy space away from kitchen steam.
• Maintain the tightness of all handles and knobs by checking and re-tightening them regularly.
• LAVA enameled cast iron is extremely durable, but it may be damaged if accidentally dropped or knocked against a hard surface.